Are you wearing the right bra size? Apparently you should get your size checked every 6 months?! After all they are lumps of fat, so they will change shape, as do our bellies.
Can you raise a straight arm to your ear, is there any restriction? Now try with your bra strap off and see if that improves it. I’ve seen women not able to lift their shoulder to their ears fully due to their bra strap digging in.
There’s an amazing chest move in Bowen, which relaxes & drains the lymph from your armpits & chest, which is so supportive in taking care of us. We wear underwired bras and put on deodorant, so the lymph glands can’t always do the job the job they are trying to do, which is to drain toxins & fluid.
"It’s widely held that a tight-fitting bra restricts the lymph nodes around the breast and underarm area, preventing toxins from being processed through them and flushed out of the body. Accumulated toxins anywhere in the body increase the risk for cancer."
Singer and Grismaijer, author of Dressed to Kill discovered that breast cancer risk dramatically increased in women who wore their bras over 12 hours per day:
- Women who wore their bras 24 hours per day had a 3 out of 4 chance of developing breast cancer.
- Women who wore their bras for more than 12 hours but not to bed had a 1 in 7 risk for breast cancer
- Wearing a bra less than 12 hours per day dropped breast cancer risk to 1 in 152.
- Overall, women who wore their bras 24 hours per day increased their breast cancer risk by 125 times over women who rarely or never wore a bra.
So, overall, 1. reduce bra wearing time
2. reduce time wearing underwire, or choose non-wired bras (I’m a c cup and there are plenty of support available without underwire)
3. check your boobs monthly, Coopa Feel send you an email or text reminders for you and they have more info on how to check, signs & symptoms, basically get used to what is normal for you & any changes go and see a doc right away.
I can show you how to do a simple chest lymph drainage on yourself, which can be done once a week and takes as quick as 10 seconds.