A Soft tissue technique where rolling moves are made over precise points of the body, working over muscles, fascia, ligaments and nerves. This sends neurological impulses to the brain, creating a vibrational pattern that re-aligns the musculoskeletal system, improving muscle flexibility, movement and posture.
Bowen can also relax and relieve stress, as it works mainly via the autonomic nervous system, producing good results by penetrating to a deep cellular level. It is also balancing to the systems of the body.
The body is able to hold the new pattern that Bowen imprints, releasing pain and compensation patterns. The improvement can hold for weeks, months, years or indefinitely, depending on the individual and their lifestyle.
There is NO forceful manipulation. Bowen ‘asks’ the body to recognise and make the changes it requires, therefore benefits are usually quick. The week after the treatment, the body responds and readjusts safely according to its needs.
Pauses are inserted between sets of moves as it allows the brain time to integrate and process the treatment.
Who I Love to Work With
Women or men with injuries or musculoskeletal discomfort or restriction that is affecting your work, daily life or hobby.
The aim is to have less pain & free up muscular/joint restriction & bring a quick return to optimum health.
Bowen may help the following conditions:
Neck & Shoulder Restrictions, including Frozen Shoulder
Digestive complaints including IBS
Migraines & Headaches
Knee, Ankle & Foot complaints
Hormonal Imbalances/Fertility complaints
Pre & Postoperative Recovery
RSI, Carpal Tunnel & Tennis Elbow
Sports injuries & Accident Injuries (can support realignment after accidents and falls)
Stress Reducing & Emotional Release from tissues & cells
TMJ & Jaw complaints
General wellness maintenance (Like for your car, you can do the same for your health and wellbeing)
Are you ready to commit to getting your health back in order. Strengthening yourself allows you to give more to your life & others.
Recommended treatment plan 4 treatments (3 treatments with 5-10 days apart and 1 follow up)
- Pain reduction
- Muscle/joint restriction eased
- Condition/symptoms reduced
- Provide realignment & improvement of posture.
- Posture assessment & work posture guidance.
- Self care tips on how to manage/take responsibility to prevent re-injury.
- Improvement of flexibility
- Gentle & natural treatment working with the bodies self-healing mechanism.
- Complete Relaxation & stress reduction.
- Successful beneficial health treatment
- Understanding of your condition & what supports you.
- Feel brighter with a higher sense of wellbeing.
- Increase in energy & mobility to do more at work/hobby/everyday life.
- Money not spent on continual recurring appointments & able to return to work quickly if current injury is preventing you from doing so.
- Quick appointment booking time
Previous clients that have had a course of Bowen treatments & need a top up as & when you need to support you.
£38 per session